Covid 19 Policies
INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Every stylist has a different schedule and a different work load. Currently, some of our stylists are choosing to only take care of their existing clients in order to help reduce the number of people in the salon at one time and of our stylists are able to take new clientele currently.
We are so excited to be able to accommodate you in our salon! However, we do need to abide by our County's required regulations. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to get you on the schedule as it can be difficult for us to coordinate quickly at this time.
Continue reading to see the specifics that are required of us as stylist's and you as a client!
We are currently only able to permit patrons who are wearing a face mask!
Because of the overwhelming interest in our masks, we will have them available for purchase at the salon for $5 a piece! (LIMIT 2 per person)
If you are interested in what patterns we have available, check out our facebook page @newlooksalonvernal and/or text 435-315-2407 for more information.
Please bring your own mask to the salon or purchase one when you come for your appointment. In order to do your hair properly, a mask that ties behind your head will not work.
Current county regulations so not limit the number of people in the salon at one time, but they do require all of us to be 6 feet apart (besides stylist and client). If the door is locked and you have an appointment, please ring the doorbell or call 435-789-1345 so that we can let you in! However, the doors are usually unlocked as long as we are not overly crowded.
Our patrons will be distanced at least 6 feet apart and everyone will be required to wear a mask. Breaks from your mask may be taken as long as you are 6 feet away from everyone in the salon.
If weather permits, we will still be encouraging everyone who can wait outside to wait outside the salon.
We are required to keep detailed record of everyone who enters the salon. We will be using our booking system to do this so if you are not on the schedule, we are not able to let you in. Please give us a call at 435-789-1345 before you come to the salon!
We are also require to verify that we have the correct phone number on file and we will be using this opportunity to update emails as well.
If you have not filled out our client intake form, make sure that is completed before your appointment begins.
We are required to communicate with our guests before they arrive to do a health screening and inform you of our policies. Because of this, we are still unable to take walk in's.
You will be asked 3 questions:
1. Have you or any family member had any symptoms of sickness in the last 14 days?
2. Have you been in contact with anyone with any symptoms in the last 14 days?
3. Have you traveled out of the county in the last 14 days?
If your answer is yes to either of the first two questions we will be required to reschedule your appointment for 14 days out. If you have traveled out of the county, we will proceed to ask you specifics about your trip to ensure you were not exposed. We reserve the right to schedule you 14 days out if we feel precaution is needed.
Copied and pasted from the County Mandate, dated May 15,2020:
Effect 12.01 a.m. on Saturday May 16, 2020 Governor Gary Herbert is moving most of the state of Utah, including Daggett, Duchesne and Uintah counties, to Yellow (low-risk) Phase in the Utah Leads Together plan.
Face coverings should be warn in public when social distancing of 6-feet is difficult. Employees working with the public are required to wear face covering.
Keeping the TriCounty area status low-risk will take a community effort to keep the health and status of the state moving forward toward normal. This includes continued protection and caution for high risk individuals.
HERE ARE THE FULL PHASED GUIDELINES FOR BUSINESSES UNDER CODE YELLOW:
Employers encourage flexible working arrangements (rotating shifts, remote work, etc.). Comply with distancing guidelines. Increased cleaning regimen of high-touch areas. Monitor employees for symptoms and well-being.
• All businesses open
• Employers take reasonable precautions
• Provide accommodations to high-risk employees; minimize face-to-face contact, assign tasks that allow these individuals to maintain a 6-foot distance from other employees or customers, implement flexible work hours or staggered shifts, allow high-risk individuals to work remotely
• Symptom5 checking in business interactions
• Face coverings worn in settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain; ensure that face coverings are available
• Encourage remote work when possible; employers exercise discretion with returning to onsite work
• Workplaces comply with distancing and hygiene guidelines
• Limit unnecessary travel
• Require employees to self-quarantine when returning from high-risk6 areas
• Employers evaluate workforce strategy and concerns and enact strategies to minimize economic impact
• Employers must not allow any individuals under isolation or quarantine to come to work at any time unless authorized by LHD
HERE ARE THE FULL PHASED GUIDELINES FOR SALON'S UNDER CODE YELLOW:
Industry open under strict hygiene protocols. Service provider and customer wear face coverings. Meticulous monitoring of symptoms
• Follow all employer guidelines outlined on page 9
• Both service provider and client wear face coverings. Exception given for clients when mask interferes with service
• Symptom checking of all staff at the beginning of each shift, with a log that can be made available for inspection by health department
• Screen clients upon entering the facility with a questionnaire asking about symptoms, travel, and any sicknesses in the home
• Procedure/service area surfaces are disinfected between each client
• Appointments scheduled with enough time allowed to disinfect all procedure surfaces between services
• Service provider maintains log of appointments with customer contact information to assist with contact tracing efforts
• When services are not being directly provided, 6 feet of physical distance must be maintained. This includes in waiting areas and between clients at all times
• Contactless payment encouraged; financial equipment disinfected after each transaction.
THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT WITH US AS WE DO OUR BEST TO ADHERE TO ALL THE NEW POLICY CHANGES! WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND OUR SALONS OPEN AND OPERATING!
Thank you for reading!